Gaula- Trøndelag, Norwegen

Ich habe GAula die letzten 3 Jahre besucht, und ich sollen jahre noch einmal dieser schøne flusse besuchen :) Im dieser thema will ich meine photos von Gaula posten, hoffnung andere wird auch.
Hier sind meine raporten von Gaula, im Norwegen sprache aber photos spricht von alle :)
Ich war im himmel.... 8.6kg
5.1 kg und ich war glucklisch :)
Ich war krank :(
30587_s.jpg

My friend Geir had great fun with this 7kg salmon :)

Gaula river
31457_s.jpg

Wunschen Sie viele Gaula photos, sagt es hier und ich gibt :)

AW: Gaula- Trøndelag, Norwegen

>Its about 1000km from me to Gaula :) But I visit one week every summer, and I cant wait till this years trip....

My friend Lars gets a nice small salmon in 2007
8898_s.jpg

Notice the fish in the surface here
8899_s.jpg

The current helps the fish
8900_s.jpg

Safe netting, he`s done it before!
8901_s.jpg

Congrats- now for a drink :D
8902_s.jpg

My report for 2008 will be ready in a few days. I will post extra pictures in this thread continously after its been released :)

"Tarm7"

Hi Karl,

indeed brillant photos. Please show some more.
Some friends and me are going to mandal in september (30.08.-06.09, Our house is in Zone 2) If you have already been there, it would be very kind of you, if you can give me useful information. Especially i need to know some useful things about spin-fishing.

Beside of that, last year i have been to hordaland and one day to "your" river etne. It was the first of june, but also the last day of our hollyday, so there was no possibility of salmon-fishing for me. But i am sure, i`ll return because it s so beautiful overthere. My girlfriend also has been diving in together with some nice people from a diving-base from haugesund. It must have been wonderful.

So, hat det bra

Philipp

More photos will come :)

I hvae never been to Mandalselva but know people who have fished there a lot. I will make som inquiries and answer you in this thread.

From what I`ve been told all of Mandalselva is good for spin-fishing. People often use lures like Møresilda, Toby, Buch or spinners. Worms are also popular.

"Tarm7"

Thanks a lot Karl,

so i ll try my best. I think most of the time i ll try worm (on the ground) with a nice red string bound at the hook (think i saw some norwegian people doing that at the etne on first of june last year).

Another question: How strong has the line to be (monofile). Is 25 enough or should i better take 30?? How long has the fiskestang to be at less? 3,00m enough?

Best regards
Ha det bra

Philipp

Depends on which part of Sone 2 I guess. But in genereal in a river the size of Mandalselva where the salmon typhically is 1.5-3kg rod with cating weight around 10-30gram and 0.30line should do the trick.

9-10ft should do ok, for wormfishing its always an advantage with a long rod.

"Tarm7"

Ok, thank you very much for the information. I ll do my best and give you a little feedback when i am back from mandal.

Kind regards
Philipp

Norlyr

Fischfinder

Really great fish!

Please give us more pictures of your Gaula-Trip :)

Oben